and the One who walks with me on it.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Priority Check


       I just got back from a medical appointment, visiting with a good friend, and doing some shopping.  Of course the stores are full since it’s only two weeks to Christmas.  The money is flowing out of pockets like there’s no tomorrow and you wouldn’t know there is still a bit of recession around here with many still laid off.  It’s Christmas after all!  Makes me think about our priorities in life.  Are they really where they should be?  Perhaps we should take one day every year and review the past year just as a check up; after all we get check ups for health, teeth and cars, so why not a priority check?


What has my money been spent on this year?
Was any of it wasteful, and if so, how can I do better this coming year?
Did I try to eliminate all my debt?
Did I pay attention to my ‘brothers’ needs or just my own?

Where did I use all my time?
How much of it did I waste away on tv, movies, computer games, social media, texting, game systems?
Did I spend any time with the sick, the poor, the lonely, those in need?

Is God first place in my life or am I fitting Him in where it’s convenient and looks good?
Do I spend the time with Him daily that I should?
Do I share His love with the people around me?

       I have to admit I never thought of a priority check before, and I’m sure there are more areas (such as relationships) that I would put questions to.  I think I’m going to do that soon and see if my priorities were in order.  Can’t hurt anyway; maybe I’ll learn some things I didn’t realize and I’ll be able to make some changes for this year coming.  Gotta go, there’s lots to do.  God’s blessings on you this season.

May the Lord continue to change all of us- every day!


Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.  2Cor. 3:17,18