and the One who walks with me on it.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Lost Glasses


       I’ve worn glasses for most of my life, probably since I was about six.  I never really minded because without them I can’t see far away very well, but there are a few annoyances when one must wear glasses: raindrops, hot/ cold fog, dirt and grease, and for those of us in mid-life, the fact you now need bifocals or reading glasses as well.  But really, for me, the worst of the problems is losing my glasses, which happens often.  I mean, how do they expect you to find your glasses when you can’t see to find them?!!

       Are we not advanced enough technologically that we should automatically have small locator chips in all our important items like glasses- and keys (and maybe kids? J)  That way I wouldn’t have to call in the infantry to find my specs, sometimes even paying for the service L nor have my kids laugh while making sure they’re not pushed up on my head.  Perhaps one day it will be reality.

       But finding an object is still easier than finding something intangible: love, forgiveness, hope, dreams; and sometimes it is faith we lose.  How do you find your faith again when it is lost, usually because of disappointments in trials?  Sure, we can passively wait for it to spontaneously happen, but that could take a while.  A pro-active stance would be better.


Ask for faith, more faith, restored faith...
And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.  Lk. 17:5
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.  Mt. 7:7,8

Read the Word
Heb. 11 encourages faith, also reading God’s fulfilled promises in all the Bible
For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.  Rom. 15:4

Journal
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits (treatment)  Ps. 103:2
you shall remember… Dt. 5:15; 8:2

Seek to live in the Spirit
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.  Gal. 5:22,23
Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God…  2Tm. 1:6

       And hopefully we can find our faith increasing over time instead of losing it time and again.  Then when Jesus returns we won’t wonder if He will find faith on the earth (Lk. 18:8), but we will be able to say, “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing."  (2Tm. 4:7,8)

For the just shall live by faith.  (Gal. 3:11)