and the One who walks with me on it.

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Jamie Grace- God Girl

       For anyone who has never heard her name, Jamie Grace is a 21ish girl who loves the Lord and shows it through her music.  I’ve just heard of her recently and listened to most of her snappy songs- and I plan on owning them soon.  As I was listening to one particular song I started to cry.  To think that someone so young is so ‘in love’ with the Lord…  I wish I had been that way at her age! 
(She has a couple official YouTube videos if you want to see them)

                   God Girl  (in part)

                   Oh oh oh oh yeah
                   If my eyes light up with I say your name
                   And it's written all over my face
                   Tell me does it make me crazy
                   Well, maybe I got somethin' that I can't explain
                   And the beauty of it never changes
                   It's got me wrapped up
                   I'm all caught up
                   I can't help but say…

                   I'm a God girl that's who I'll be
                   From the top of my head to the soles of my feet
                   No I can't deny it, wouldn't even try
                   I'm your girl in a crazy world
                   I'm a God girl that's who I'll be
                   From the top of my head to the soles of my feet
                   I can't deny it, wouldn't even try
                   I'm your girl for the whole wide world to see

       This song is almost word for word what I feel in my heart.  I’m ‘crazy’ about God, and there’s no one I love more; can’t explain it any better.  This place in my journey with Him is the most beautiful I have ever been in, and it only seems to get better every day.  How is that possible?  I guess with God, all things are possible!   
                   I’m a God girl too,
                   and that’s who I’m gonna be,
                   cause in this crazy world
                   there’s no place I’d rather be
                   than with my God,
                   who really loves me!