and the One who walks with me on it.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Does God Answer Our Prayers?


       Yes, He always answers our prayers, but not always in the way we expect.  Sometimes, instead of removing the problem or removing us from the problem, He gives us strength to get through the problem.  Although this is one of my least favorite ways He answers (since my flesh would just rather have the problem removed), in reality I appreciate the lessons learned and strength with endurance gained which are worth far more than the removal of the difficulty.

In the day when I cried thou answered me (paid attention and responded), and strengthened (encouraged) me with strength in my soul. Ps. 138:3  (dropped the st’s on the verbs for easier understanding)
When I pray, you answer me, and encourage me by giving me the strength I need. TLB

       God gave strength to David in his trials and it is available to us as well.  The thing is, when troubles arise, we have to look to Him, (Heb. 12:2); not walk away because we’re mad at Him, not look for man’s way out, rather seek Him first. (Mt. 6:33)  And those times the Lord doesn’t take away the problems, He will walk with us through them “I will be with thee” (Is. 43:2) and as above, give us the strength to endure.  We have the Lord’s assurance that He will never leave or forsake us (Heb. 13:5) and that includes when we are in the midst of trials.

Some blessings come by not getting what we want!


Oh, blessed Hope, thank You for hearing us, for answering us,
                                   and for knowing best how to answer all our prayers.