and the One who walks with me on it.

Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

       Since I get up early to exercise on a treadmill, I turned on the TV and was just in time to watch the last three cars arrive for the ‘royal wedding’ and then the bride arrived.  It was an amazing spectacle to watch, the cars, the dresses, the hats, the uniforms, the decorations, and the crowds lining the streets for glimpses of the attendees.  What excitement was in the spectators; it is a celebration day of grand proportions in the United Kingdom today, and I wish William and Kate all the best and pray for their marriage to be strong.

       For the long awaited wedding there were months of preparation and hundreds of thousands of dollars to ensure each detail would be just perfect for the ideal wedding day.  The wedding dress and maids outfits were all carefully chosen and the uniforms decided upon.  I’m sure everyone who worked on any item to appear in the wedding did their job carefully and as close to perfection as possible.  No stains or faulty sewing on the outfits, no wilted flowers in the arrangements, etc.

       But for us who are His, there is a much more exciting day coming, and I will liken it to the ultimate royal wedding.^  (Let me make this personal)  One day my Savior and King will return for me with excitement in His eyes and joy in His heart to finally be with me forever.  I imagine, after I fall down overwhelmed and in tears at His feet, He will pick me up, wipe my tears, hold me tight, and then we will laugh and dance.  I will be wearing my new immortality*, without spot or wrinkle or blemish (finally, no acne!!!)  Everything will be perfect that day and there will be a celebration of grand proportions such has never been seen in the history of the world.

       However…   first we need to prepare.  Our priority is to surrender our hearts and lives to Him.  After that, we need to make appropriate decisions daily to ensure we stay holy, blameless and unrebukeable until He appears.**  and to keep our eyes on our Savior and King as it says in Heb. 12:2, “Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;”

       Just think!  This royal wedding to our King has already been paid for in full over 2000 years ago by the blood He shed and the life He gave on the cross.  Jesus rose again and is waiting to be reunited with us- forever.  During every step of our journey, let us remember…

We will see Him face to face
                                        And celebrate!





^I have no desire to get into a debate about who is the bride of Christ.  This post is just a correlation of today’s news with my life and hope.

*1Th 4:16, 17: For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Co -53: Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

**Eph 5:27: That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
2Pe : Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
1Ti : That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: