and the One who walks with me on it.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Faith

       I’ve been thinking about faith for a while, specifically my faith.  In John (KJV), Jesus says, “…He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.”  The word ‘works’ means toil, act, deed, labour, work.  So, effectively Jesus was saying that we should be doing the work He did and more.  What was it He did?  He taught truth, demonstrated relationship with the Father, He showed compassion and mercy, reached out to the lost, and much, much more often together with the working of miracles.

I believe in Jesus and have since I was a teen.  While I can’t say my faith has been great or even steady, I can say it has generally grown throughout the years.  Still, I am not seeing in my life what I think I should be seeing.  There must be more.  Jesus said there is more.  I don’t really see ALL the works Jesus did in my life, around me or in the body of Christ, so naturally I have to question why.  (In my opinion, inquiry is good because it can help a person improve their life by providing answers to what is and is not working.)  Is what my Savior said true in my life?

       Jesus often remarked on or questioned His disciple’s faith.  Matt. 16:8- O ye of little faith…  Mark - …how is it that ye have no faith?  Luke - Where is your faith?  Well, if I’m supposed to be doing what Jesus did and more, I have the same question for me…

Where is my faith?