and the One who walks with me on it.

Saturday, March 22, 2014

It’s Been a Crazy Few Days


        On Feb. 27th, I wrote a post entitles 26 days of death.  It was a difficult time yet strengthened my resolve against the kingdom of our enemy.  After that, I had some health issues- pain coming and going and unexpected tiredness.  It seemed to have dissipated by this week when, well, the craziness of life broke through.

       Mon. the van overheated on hubby’s way home from work.  I spent the day figuring out what to do and how to do it.  What a long day.  Thankfully hubby was on midnights which meant I had full use of the car the rest of the day for all the needed driving.  Wed. I came home to a serious hubby saying the van engine was shot and the body/ mileage made it not worth fixing.  My first reaction was thinking, ‘really?’ after which a peace came over me and I knew we’d be okay.  There are worse things in life, right?

       I spent a couple days looking for a new van and obviously not thrilled about the idea since we made bad calls on the other two.  On Fri. night I was headed home making a right hand turn when I was rear ended.  Bam!  First real accident for me.  Had a brief few seconds of wondering why the person who hit me took off and didn’t stop to check on me.

       After that I was trying hard to see if I was hurt after hitting my head on the steering column when I realized I couldn’t see because my glasses were missing.  How would I get home?  Found out the other driver did stop but I couldn’t see them without my glasses which they helped me find. Thankfully I was alone and the car is still drivable- but will probably be a write off.

       Later Fri. night my hubby strained his back and is unsure if he’ll be able to work next week.  On Sat. my credit card chip stopped working for the second time in 3 months.  I keep wondering what an easy life is like, but the truth is, I wouldn’t trade this life for any other.  Overall my family is healthy, moving forward, and relating a little better.  So what if the bathroom is being held together with duct tape and plastic- we have food to eat.  So what if we need a new roof this spring and two new-used vehicles, three or four trees taken down, and no money in the bank for any of that- we have income, our bills are paid up and we have clothes on our backs.

       Best of all, we have the Lord.  I feel His peace surrounding me.  I know (finally) that He is working for my good even when everything goes wrong.  This is an opportunity for me even though I’m not sure what it is.  Perhaps someone will see my attitude and I will get the chance to witness for Christ.  What I know is that God’s plans are best and I trust Him to take care of us.  He has found us someone to help us find another vehicle.  He is sustaining my health.  He is giving me moments of joy and laughter.  Best of all, I feel His presence with me as I go through my days.

God is good. "For the LORD is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations." Ps. 100:5 ESV

He dwells with us.  "…Christ may dwell in your hearts…" Ep. 3:17 "…the Spirit of God dwells in you?" 1Cr. 3:16 "…as God has said, "I will dwell in them…" 2Cr. 6:16

He gives us peace.  "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which passes all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."  Php. 4:6,7

He gives us joy.  "I have spoken these things to you so that My joy might remain in you and your joy might be full." Jh. 15:11

He gives us His strength. "Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually!" Ps. 105:4

He is with us through it all.  "…Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior…" Is. 43:1-3

     Blessed be the name
           of our Lord!