and the One who walks with me on it.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Exhaustion

       Last week was a good, but tiring week as my kids, my daughter’s friend and I went on a camping trip to a Christian family camp; hubby did not have the week off of work.  It is amazing how tiring it can be preparation wise, set up, take down, and all the other challenges in between.  This year there were some unexpected emotional and mental efforts required to get through the week… and then we came home to clean up, file for our son’s passport, had three days to prepare for our daughter to go out west to vacation with family, and perform normal household operations in between the other tasks.

       All I want to do is sleep- for a very long time.  With the weather today, cuddling up under a warm comforter and drinking hot chocolate while watching a pleasant show seems rather appealing presently.  Obviously, I just now understand the state of exhaustion I am in, and I have to wonder how other people get through this, especially those out in the world on the mission field without the comforts of home. 

       So, today I’m going to relax a little bit longer, wake up from that fantasy, and get to work on the tasks I need to finish for tonight.  It won’t be all warm and relaxing, but it will help to achieve the work that needs to be accomplished; and as for the exhaustion, I will trust the Lord to help me through the physical weariness and pray for His strength to help me carry on.  Perhaps that is what people on the mission field do too.

My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto thy word.  Ps. 119:28

But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me.  Ps. 22:19

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.  Is. 40:31

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.  Ps. 28:7

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.  Php. 4:13